About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 30 November 1996

Saudi Arabia 1996: Makkah - Our 3rd Umrah and Ziarah Trip...

"If you can't be thankful for what you have, be thankful for what you've escaped..."

Makkah, Saudi Arabia
(30 November - 10 December 1996)

(On the tour bus for ziarah)
(Heavy breakfast at the hotel cafe)

This was our third trip to the holy lands to perform our Umrah. We brought our three kids along. This time we joined a big group from Tabung Haji Travels and after our Umrah we will be spending a few days in Istanbul, Turkey.

(Sara, Iwan and Ja sharing a room)
(With my two boys on the bus)
(On an empty bus to Tannaim for Miqat)
(Our family daily routine for umrah)
(The two of us at Masjid Siti Aisyah)
(Miqat at Masjid Tannaim)

In Makkah we joined the group for two complimentary tours of Makkah and had the opportunity to visit historical places and attractions. While we were on the tours, we had the opportunity to miqat at Hudaibiah and Jaaranah. On other days, we took a double decker SAPTCO bus from the bus station located next to Hilton Hotel to Masjid Siti Aisyah in Tannaim and had our solat sunat ihram and niat our miqat there. 

(Sara at Jabal Rahmah on the way to Jaaranah)

Our lodging in Makkah was at Ajyad Hotel which was quite a distance away from Masjidil Haram. We will usually take the hotel shuttle to the mosque to perform Subuh prayers. After subuh, we will take the bus to Tanaim for miqat and completed our umrah before 9.00 am. The long uphill walk back to our hotel was via the main road, passing the Al-Safa Royal Palace.

(A cool afternoon at Masjidil Haram)
(Having tea and cakes after Asar prayers)
(Met some friends, while waiting for Maghrib prayers)

On the last day in Makkah, after performing our Tawaf Wida', we boarded the bus to Jeddah for our onward flight to Istanbul, Turkey.

(Ready with our luggage)
(Excited to spend their winter holidays in Istanbul)

No comments: